Creating Inspiring Performing Arts Spaces
NBRSARCHITECTURE creates inspiring spaces for people. We describe the process of designing social architecture as creating life changing environments. Our specialists in the Cultural Sector understand the complexity of:
- gathering people
- theatrical/performance/presentation design
- spatial volumes
- technology connectedness
- acoustic design
- operations and management
- back of house and front of house arrangements
- arrival and people movement sequencing
With nearly 50 years’ experience and research, our cultural specialists continue to build on knowledge around significant civic, education and church auditoriums and performance spaces.
Current projects include:
- Recently completed 600 seat youth tiered auditorium as part of the Hillsong Epicentre Project augmenting the original NBRS designed 3,500 seat main auditorium at the Baulkham Hills site.
- Under construction is Knox Grammar Performing Arts Centre. The project consists of a 750 seat state of the art auditorium as part of a facility housing drama and music faculties.
- In the design stage is a new large multi-purpose auditorium for a Convention Centre in the beautiful Blue Mountains west of Sydney. As part of a convention centre site the auditorium design is focused to provide flexibility of communal gathering and large presentations.
Through all these projects, the NBRS cultural specialist design team aim to elevate social architecture. The in-house team bring together a cohesive design approach in architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, graphic design and heritage advice where required. With 50 years of experience bringing people together, our gathering spaces continue to create life changing environments.