Fenwicks Building Restoration
Bringing New Life to a Neglected Boat Shed
NBRSARCHITECTURE have overseen the meticulous restoration of the 1880’s State Heritage Listed Bell’s Store. The building had a former life as a tugboat shed when the Balmain peninsular was an active working harbour. The site had been neglected for many years and fallen into a state of complete dilapidation. NBRS coordinated the restoration works, which included re-instatement of the historic sandstone parapet and roof along with extensive repairs to the facade, windows and flooring. The building has now been returned to its former glory and awaits an exciting future adaptive re-use in its new parkland setting.