St Mark’s Church
Darling Point, NSW
Maintaining a Jewel of Darling Point, St Mark’s Church
Located on a prominent corner site, the church has been a significant part of Sydney’s heritage not only for its architectural merit but also for its ecclesiastical and cultural importance. Over the years St Mark’s Church had become in need of upgrade and maintenance. The site includes the church, the rectory, and a cottage. Our heritage architects prepared a Conservation Management Plan for the buildings in order to ensure a strategy to retain and maintain such an important part of Sydney’s heritage fabric.
St Mark’s church at Darling Point was originally designed by Edmund T Blacket and commenced construction in 1848.