NBRSARCHITECTURE have overseen the meticulous restoration of the 1880’s State Heritage Listed Bell’s Store. The building which had a former life as a tugboat shed when the Balmain peninsular was an active working harbour had been neglected for many years and fallen into a state of complete dilapidation.
NBRSARCHITECTURE co-ordinated the restoration works, which included re-instatement of the historic sandstone parapet and roof along with extensive repairs to the facade, windows and flooring. Leichhardt Council and the Balmain community celebrated the opening of Fenwick Stone Building and the extension to Elloura Reserve on Saturday 1st September. The building has now been returned to its former glory and awaits an exciting future adaptive re-use in its new parkland setting.